At Natick Dental, we know the transformative power of a beautiful smile. And with porcelain dental veneers you can rebuild your smile and restore your confidence. So, if you’re considering veneers, we are ready to guide you through the process!
Understanding Porcelain Dental Veneers
What are veneers exactly? Well, porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made shells that cover the front surface of your teeth. They’re made from high-quality ceramic material; these veneers are designed to resemble your natural teeth. You can be assured the result will be authentic and aesthetically pleasing.
These veneers are bonded to your teeth using a strong resin adhesive, to ensure they will remain securely in place as you eat, talk, and smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Teeth Veneers
Our teeth veneers offer many benefits including:
- Natural Appearance: Porcelain veneers will closely mimic your natural teeth. Additionally, by using our quality materials they will reflect light similar to your own tooth enamel.
- Durability: They are highly resistant to staining and chipping, which combined with their long-life span – can last up to 15 years or even longer with proper care. They are a solid investment in your future smile.
- Versatility: Whether you have stained, chipped, gapped, or misaligned teeth, porcelain veneers can serve as the basis for a complete smile makeover. According to dentistry studies, over 90% of patients choose veneers to enhance the color of their teeth, while 70% use them to improve alignment, and 60% to some chipping or breaking.
- Improved Self-Esteem: We know a flawless smile will significantly boost your confidence and self-esteem, giving you a jump in both social and professional circles.
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, over 95% of patients are satisfied with their veneers and would recommend the procedure to others. We believe this speaks volumes about the power of porcelain veneers.
Alternatives to Porcelain Veneers
Okay, we know this may not be for everyone…so, we also offer composite veneers and dental crowns as alternative treatments for you.
Composite veneers, made from a tooth-colored resin, are a less expensive alternative to porcelain. They can be applied in a single office visit, offering instant improvement. However, composite veneers are less durable and more prone to staining compared to their porcelain counterparts.
Dental crowns are probably best for individuals with weak or significantly damaged teeth. We can discuss the best options for your unique situation during your visit.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
We understand you may have concerns about how this all works but rest assured, our team of expert dentists will guide you through every step, ensuring your comfort and understanding. The procedure is minimally invasive, often requiring just a small amount of enamel removal. While some patients experience some tooth sensitivity after the procedure, it typically subsides within a few days.
Here’s a step-by-step of what you can expect during the veneer procedure here at Natick Dental:
- Consultation: A meet and greet where we’ll discuss your smile goals, answer any questions you might have, and determine if porcelain veneers are the right path for you.
- Tooth Preparation: We will need to remove a thin layer of enamel from your tooth’s surface. This step ensures the veneer will fit naturally and won’t make your tooth look or feel bulky.
- Impression Making: Time to make an impression of your teeth and then we send them to our dental lab, where your veneers will be made to the needed specifications.
- Temporary Veneers: As an interim step, we’ll give you temporary veneers to protect your teeth and maintain your current smile’s appearance.
- Veneer Placement: Once your permanent veneers are ready, you’ll come back in. We’ll remove the temporary veneers, clean your teeth, and bond the permanent veneers into your mouth with a strong resin adhesive. The veneers are then polished to perfection. Viola and get ready to say cheese!
- Follow-up: After your veneers are installed, we’ll schedule a follow-up appointment to ensure your veneers are fitting comfortably and you are satisfied with your new smile.
Why Choose Natick Dental for Porcelain Veneers?
If you would like to learn more about dental veneers, please contact us at our Natick dental office for a consultation.